How the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award Works:
Once you have been nominated for this award, thank the fellow blogger and answer the questions they have asked you. Then you come up with 10 questions and nominate up to 10 other bloggers. Make sure to let them know!
My Questions from Amy:
1. What do you love most about Travel Blogging?
I love having the opportunity to be able to travel to so many different places, and share all my new experiences with others. It’s fun to discover new places, learn new facts about where I’m going, and be able to take pictures to capture everything I see. I hope to inspire people to go to some of the places I write about in my blog.
2. What drawbacks are there to travel blogging that many people don’t realise?
It does take a lot of time to write a blog post. It requires multiple pictures being taken, and sometimes having to go back because you realize you didn’t quite capture what you were hoping for. I usually write an “outline” before a trip of what I want to make sure I visit and take pictures of so I don’t have any regrets when I get back. I also do research before trips on attractions I want to see so I have some knowledge of the history of them for when I get there. It makes it that much more exciting in person this way.
3. Tell me about a place have you visited with the most diverse Wildlife?
While I wish I could say I’ve been to Africa or somewhere else crazy, Whistler, BC in Canada is my favorite for wildlife. I’ve seen black bears multiple times just hanging out on the side of the road. They also have cougars and brown bears, although these are not spotted frequently. You can even take a whale watching tour to see whales swimming in the ocean south of Whistler! The surrounding is just gorgeous to top it off, so you really feel like you’re taking a peek into their home when you go there.
4. What was the most amazing Religious Site that you have ever visited?
My current favorite religious site is St. Alphonsus church in Chicago. It is an absolutely beautiful cathedral both on the outside and inside that I recently had the chance to visit. I will be embarking on a tour of Europe this summer though, so I’m sure this will change when I see some of the amazing cathedrals there.
5. What is the best local drink you have ever had and where?
I had a pomegranate mojito in New York City that was the specialty drink at a swanky bar. It may sound simple, but it was one of the best drinks I have ever had! I still haven’t been able to recreate it.
6. What was the most amazing train journey you have ever been on and why?
Overnight trains can be a cheaper way to travel and save time on travel so you can explore when you wake up. I took a train from Seattle to Big Sky, Montana and it was great to wake up to beautiful surroundings; plus, we were all set to go skiing when we arrived!
7. Tell me about the worst ‘travel scam’ or situation while travelling that you have experienced?
I have found that the more touristy the destination is, the more scams you will find. I’ve found random, unsecured sites selling tickets for attractions in London and Paris. Some don’t even look professional, which makes me wonder how successful they actually are.
8. What is your motivation behind your travel blog?
My desire to travel grows more and more each day, and I want to be able to document all the details so I will remember all the amazing experiences I have been lucky to go on. I want to stir that fire for travel in others from reading my blog. Reading others’ travel blogs has become a part of my daily routine, and is what originally inspired me to start my own.
9. Where is the next place that you will visit and why?
I will be doing a tour of Europe this summer because I have actually never been! I will be in Lake Como, Italy, St. Moritz, Switzerland, Nice, Paris, England, and a road trip of Ireland. I cannot wait to immerse myself in such diverse culture from each country, and of course share it with all of you along the way!
10. How can travel bloggers earn on money on the road to sustain their nomadic lifestyle?
There are multiple ways to earn money on the road. You can try to find freelancing work where you are. If you’re really skilled with photography, you might be able to sell some pictures of a smaller hotel or tour group to help them promote their company. There are also websites you can check in each country to do odd jobs like washing dishes, working at a hostel, or teaching surfing.
1) Carly of Girl Out of Bounds
2) Amy of The Unsettled Meliorist
3) Courtney of Jet Set Brunette
4) Heidi of A Travelling Circus
5) Stefania of Every Steph
6) Stephanie of Breaking Bounds
7) Emily of Emily Luxton Travels
8) Vanessa of The Island Drum
9) Mel of Illumelation
10) Sarah of Journey to Design
1) What was your first travel experience that you remember that got you excited to travel?
2) What country have you been dying to go to, but haven’t had the chance yet?
3) What has been your worst travel experience?
4) Why did you choose the blog name you have?
5) What is the best food you’ve ever had during your travels and from where?
6) Is there a country you visited that you thought you would love, but ended up hating?
7) What advice would you give for new bloggers?
8) What’s the one thing you must bring on your trips?
9) What is one mistake you made when you first started that you wish you did differently?
10) Which country have you found to be the friendliest?
I look forward to hearing your answers!
Looking for more travel tips?
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get travel tips, plus enter to win travel contests!